By Kit Werbe
It’s one of the most anticipated days of the year at the Gene B. Glick Company. For years now, Glick has partnered with agencies across the country for our annual Day of Caring, an opportunity for team members to be active and to give back in communities where Glick properties are located.
“We plan Day of Caring four to five months in advance and it’s a lot of fun seeing it all come together,” said Lanette Nelson, executive assistant at Glick, who took the lead planning this year’s Day of Caring efforts in Indianapolis. “It’s important for team members to experience our corporate philanthropic spirit.”
This year, Glick employees from over 40 properties and the home office participated in Day of Caring. Team members did a little bit of everything from painting and staining to landscaping and cleaning to organizing and even working with animals.
Some of the agencies where Glick volunteered across the country include:
- Bargain Hut (Bluffton, Ind.)
- Camp Tecumseh (Brookston, Ind.)
- Evansville Salvation Army (Evansville, Ind.)
- Feeding South Florida (Boynton Beach, Fla.)
- Habitat for Humanity (Evansville, Ind. )
- Hawthorne Community Center (Indianapolis, Ind.)
- Heimach Center (Auburn, Ind.)
- Inter Parish Ministry (Newtown, Ohio)
- LifeNet4Families (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
- Lorton Community Action Center (Lorton, Va.)
- PALS (People & Animal Learning Services, Inc.) (Bloomington, Ind.)
- Vincennes Animal Shelter (Vincennes, Ind.)
“It’s easy to write a check but we actually want to come out and make a difference,” said David Barrett, president and chief executive officer at Glick. “Giving dollars is important but we can make a real difference when we put in sweat equity.”
“Our team members are rock stars and they knock it out,” said Holly Holm, senior employee relations specialist at Glick, who assisted with the planning of this year’s Day of Caring. “It’s amazing to see how much work can be completed in one day.”
Thanks to our fantastic team members and agency partners for another great year!